The purpose of the work done in Technical Assistance is to monitor the performance of the civil engineering work from a number of points of view: quantitative, qualitative and geometric; budgetary; production and deadlines; startup and operation.
EUROCONTROL has solid, certified experience in the control and monitoring of major linear projects:
- Rail: EUROCONTROL has been engaged in the control and monitoring of rail projects, in both infrastructures and superstructure, on High-Speed Lines and in conventional sectors, offering its experience in enhancing the design solutions put in place in the construction project. EUROCONTROL has also engaged in work on track renewal and upgrade, the elimination of level crossings, etc.
- Underground Rail Projects (rail stations, tunnels and subway stations): The Company has been involved in assistance in the monitoring of work at major rail stations and in the High-Speed stations of Zamora and San Fernando (Cádiz), and in subway stations such as those on the Metrosur line in Madrid for example.
- Roads: We have developed major Express Routes and Motorways as well as conventional national roads.
- Airports: Airport work both on the ground and on the flight side has been monitored: flight runways, aircraft parking aprons, terminal buildings, hangars, parking facilities, accesses, airport installations, etc
The work in controlling and monitoring the projects consists of the following:
- General project supervision
- Controls on the completion of the various work units
- Geometric and topographic controls
- Quality control of the work
- Quality control of the materials by monitoring the trials laboratory
- Geological and geotechnical control
- Quantitative control and monitoring of measurements in the work done
- Environmental control and supervision of work
- Monitoring and coordination of safety and health while the various stages of the work are under way.
- Monitoring of Deadlines and Budgets
Before beginning its work, EUROCONTROL will prepare a specific Monitoring Plan for the job, which will be submitted to the Client for its approval. This work will also be done in line with its own methodology for technical controls on the performance of work and set out in the Company’s specific procedures.