Organizations’ needs for internal management tools, coupled with market requirements, are making it increasingly necessary to deploy Management Systems inside those Organizations.
Our experience in the standards field encompasses the development, implementation and support of Management System certification / accreditation according to different models:
- Quality Management
- Environmental Management
- EMAS Ecomanagement and Ecoaudit regulations
- Energy management
- Energy Management System
- Energy audits.
- Occupational Safety and Health Management.
- Excellence in Management
- EFQM Model,
- FUNDIBEQ Model
- Technical Expertise Management
- Testing and calibration laboratories
- Clinical Analysis Laboratories
- Inspection Bodies
- Accessibility Management
- DALCO Requirements
- R&D&i Management
- R&D&i Management System
- R&D&i Project Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Services Management
- Socially Responsible Management
- Specification SR-10 “Social Responsibility Management System”
- UNE ISO 26000 Social Responsibility Management
- SA 8000 “Corporate Social Responsibility”.
- AA 1000
- Sector Requirements:
- Food Sector
- Food Safety”.
- BRC and IFS for food management.
- Global Gap model and controlled agricultural production.
- Customer-specific food and agriculture protocols (TESCO, McDonalds, …)
- General Hygiene Plans
- Aeronautical Industry
- Aerospace requirements, UNE ISO 9100
- Health Sector
- Regional Approaches
- Health Products
- Patient Security
- Holistic Health Care Processes
- Leisure and Tourism Industry
- Subsector-based tourism classification standards
- Classification systems
The common structure underlying these references is why Organizations increasingly tend to integrate the requirements included in several of the aforementioned models into their Management System.
EUROCONTROL also has extensive experience in other activities and services related to standardized management models:
- Conducting the Internal Audits required by the above standards.
- On site support during the audits conducted by the Certifying Body
- Maintenance of Management Systems, both in an advisory role and in performing the Management System manager’s functions(outsourcing).
- Development of “multisite projects” , implementing Standardized Systems in organizations that deliver services at many different points, by arranging workshops. In this type of project, benefits are generated by leveraging on its synergies, from a dual economic and technical view point, in a pooling phase during which know-how and expertise can be shared.
This type of consultancy service is designed to respond to the specific needs that our customers convey to us, and that can entail providing the following services:
- Activity manualization
When organizations embark on these kinds of projects, they intend to take the first step towards standardizing patterns of behaviour and activities connected with the management of various internal procedures that have been developed independently of existing standardized models. Activity Manualization entails defining general action criteria, making headway in the definition of action procedures and responsibilities, the definition of information flows and the boosting staff awareness and involvement.
- Process-based management projects
Changing to Process-based Management means establishing a management system to ensure that decisions made in an Organization are underpinned by the results obtained in the processes that take place within it. This kind of projects are typically divided into the following phases:
- Identifying the organization’s processes, including a documented definition and description that states the criteria and responsibilities associated with the performance of such processes.
- Identifying and defining the indicators that provide the maximum amount of information about whether the processes are achieving the planned results, providing a Scorecard for Management.
- Establishing appropriate parameters for the indicators identified, in alignment with the Organization’s strategic focus.
- Building balanced scorecards
The strategies laid down by Management entail establishing a number of goals at different levels throughout the Organization, and these goals must be tracked through the Organization’s Balanced Scorecard, which provides the following benefits:
- They are the basis for decision making at different levels of management.
- They give Management continuous information on the progress of the processes and activities within the Organization.
- The “simple” fact of measuring them makes the Organization’s staff focus their efforts on achieving the expected results.
- Improvement Groups
These projects serve to teach the Organization’s own professionals different skills (communication, motivation, encouragement, leadership, etc.), that allow them to lead Continuous Improvement Groups and thus implement effective work dynamics capable of stimulating the group, providing creative solutions to problems and / or improvement of services and processes in an efficient manner.
- Strategic plans
Outlining short and long term goals so as to ensure a balance between the latter, the desired outcomes and the courses of action required to achieve these results, all from the viewpoint of the four perspectives underpinning a Strategic Pla
- The financial perspective
- The customer’s perspective
- The internal process perspective
- The training and growth perspective
- Management Appraisals and Improvement plans
External analysis are conducted by qualified, highly experienced professionals so as to afford an independent overview to an Organization’s Management. In this type of appraisal, all aspects of management are analyzed, from Economic and Financial Management, Quality and Personnel to the Environment, Production, Strategies, etc.
The result is a detailed report including an objective appraisal of strengths and weaknesses, as well as an action plan that outlines how the shortcomings identified could be corrected.
Last but not least, our Consultancy Department’s professionals have over 20 years’ experience in working on Management System Consultancy projects, both in Spain and overseas, for our customers, providing a broad portfolio of references in different sectors that vouch for the excellence of the services provided and our customers’ satisfaction, both with our performance and with the results.